Color is emerging this time of year quickly. It is fun to know what you are seeing at times.
- Winter jasmine- A clear yellow flower on masses of evergreen leaves. The first yellow you see!
- Forsythia has a larger growth habit with no evergreen leaf at all.
- Bulbs like crocuses (also white and purple) and daffodils.
- Purple plum trees usually come first with a small tight bloom.
- Cherry trees get confused and bloom sporadically with the warm days.
- Redbud trees are usually found along wood lines. With the emergence of the forest pansy redbud, however, these are found more prominent in the formal garden.
- Camellias bushes with broad shiny evergreen leaves and a variety of flower shape and color will be here by the end of the month.
- Star Magnolias- Clear white flowers on pale gray barked trees, which often get frozen off if we have any freezing after the buds come forth.
- Pear trees –Bradford, Chanticleer, Cleveland multiple flowers in a cluster