It’s always good to you to understand the process that we follow for aerations and seeding. Our philosophy is that it is most important to reintroduce new seed with aeration and seeding each year, just to keep the good stuff coming in.
Here is what Kevin and our crew will do.
- Spray lawns with selective herbicides and round up as needed.
- The same day as aeration (unless it is a large territory) we do “dirt work” by adding dirt to low spots in the lawn, or by sweetening up a dead spot with soil for better germination.
- We aerate on two different angles in your lawn so to penetrate the area with as many holes as we can.
- We fertilize and seed with a 2 types of seed blends specific to sun or shade.
- We use a seed starter for difficult areas. This looks like blue/ green fuzz balls but contains special fertilizer. Seed starter also helps hold moisture in the soil.
- You water as instructed in the flyer we put in your mailbox.
- We reseed spots that have not done well about two weeks later.
- We mow after 2 weeks by selectively hitting the high spots.
- In coming months with leaf drop we blend mowing, blowing and overseeding as needed.